Monday, November 6, 2023

Cadence - So Many Flies! - October 3, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу! Sorry it's only been 5 days since our last pday so this email won't be super long hehe. Things out here have been amazing as always! However, we did receive some very special news this week that Mongolia is going to receive a temple! Isn't that so crazy? I woke up on Monday morning to our district leader screaming on the morning call. I had no idea what was going on so I just went to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. Then my comp started shouting my name and I was so confused...then I found out that President Nelson had announced we would get a temple just an hour earlier! Facebook was swarmed with all of my favorite members posting about the temple. It was so cool to see all of their old temple pictures at the Hong Kong temple...and now they don't have to travel to China to go! I am so happy for the people here and the blessings that await them in the temple! I miss the temple so much so I can't even imagine how much joy they are feeling after never having one nearby.


Another wonderful thing we got to do this week was take fun walks to the river here in Choibalsan with all of our youth. The church building is right next to the river walk so we have fun hanging out after English together. I love the youth here in Choibalsan so much! They are all converts and all of them joined the Church alone, so they inspire me so much! It must be tough to change your whole life by yourself without your family supporting your decision at age 14. I have so much love and respect for them. We also had the privilege of running into some LA members throughout the week and with the Spirit guiding us, we were able to meet with said LA families and preach to them the good news about the temple. A lot of people here are excited to come back to church now that they are realizing what it takes to go to the temple. I think that building a temple here will be a big step in bringing the members here closer to Christ.

English classes are great as ever! This one sweet woman and her sister came to the church to find our English class the other day. We started talking to the woman about the classes and she told us that she had gone to the classes 10 years ago and that she just recently remembered them. She said she had fond memories of the classes and the feelings of our church building so she wanted to come back and give English another try. I know that the Spirit was talking to her and urging her to come back to the church building, even if it wasn't for church reasons. She felt the presence of the Holy Ghost back in the day and was reminded of it, which brought her back. I know that the Spirit works like this in all of our lives. Every time we are reminded of the fond memories we have with our family or coming to church are impressions from the Holy Ghost inviting us to feel God's love and come unto Him. God wants us to be happy so He is always open for us to come to Him.

Also I hope you all had a chance to listen to General Conference this past weekend. General Conference is an event that happens twice a year and it's broadcasted to everyone in the whole world. At this event, our Prophet, apostles, and other church leaders speak to us about messages God needs us to hear at this time. It's a wonderful way to learn about God's plan for us in the latter days and also a great way to receive answers to our questions from God. One message that really stood out to me was from our Prophet Russell M. Nelson, who talked about thinking celestial. What this means is that we need to start focusing our lives more on our covenants and our goal to be with our Heavenly Father again. I also really liked the message someone else shared where they said that we should not focus on making sure we do everything to get to the celestial kingdom after this life but instead focus on wanting to be with God after this life. I really want to work on developing more love for God because I know that through focusing on the celestial things and by loving God, we realize that the work God has put us on Earth to do is not hard. Our motivation to do the work He asks of us increases and our desire to be better improves. I am thankful that Heavenly Father is so involved in helping us constantly learn, progress, and grow. I am thankful for the knowledge He has given us about what happens after this life. I am thankful we can be together with our family for eternity. If you have any questions let me know! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter

Also for context: I titled this email "so many flies" because there are so many flies here! It's crazy! They get stuck in my hair and eyes 24/7 and I have to walk around covering my mouth so that I don't breath them in haha










No comments:

Post a Comment