Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Bladen's Field Trip to the Nature Preserve

One thing I'm loving about not having any kids at home during the day is that I can go chaperone all the kids' fun field trips.  The first field trip of the school year was with Bladen to the Nature Preserve in Millbrook, AL.

I will admit, I think I was more hoping for a trip to a museum, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I was nervous when I realized the entire day was going to be spent fishing, hiking, & being in the wilderness, but it turned out to be a wonderful day.  

The morning of the field trip my sweet Mamoo (my mother's mother) passed away, so I think this was the most perfect place I could have been.  It was peaceful, quiet, & Bladen & I had a great time together.

First the kids got to go fishing.  We used hot dogs as bait.




And guess what?!?  Bladen actually caught a FISH.  I was SO excited for him.




There were SO many orb weaving spiders at this place.  It was CRAZY.  You had to be careful where you walked so you wouldn't walk straight through their webs.


We had a wonderful guide on our field trip.  He took us into a classroom & taught us all about the ecosystem in AL & let us meet some of the coolest amphibians & reptiles in our area.

Bladen's favorite part was petting the alligator.



We saw turtles,


frogs, 


& even a few snakes too.





I especially loved the one on one time we got.  I love this kid so much.


Bladen's best friend was there as well.  It was fun hanging out with him too.





It was a great day & I'm SO glad I went with him.  I can't wait for the many more field trips I have to look forward to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment