Monday, January 7, 2019

Christmas 2018

 Merry Christmas from the Potter House!

Santa came & boy were the kids excited.  Watch the video below to see their reactions:


Cadence got a bunch of stuff for her new car.  (Mimi & Baba gave her their old car so now she has her own vehicle to get to early morning seminary, school, band, & play practices.  Hooray for self-reliant kids!)  She got a steering wheel cover, a bluetooth transmitter so she can play music from her phone through the speakers, a holder for her phone, a license plate cover, an Avengers sticker, & a Groot bobble head for her dashboard.


Lorien got Heeleys.  She's been asking for a pair of Heeleys for years.  For those of you who don't know what Heeleys are, they are shoes & roller skates all in one.  Now she skates around the floor at top speeds like a roller derby girl.  It scares me to death, but she loves it.


Bladen has been begging for a pogo stick for months.  Santa knew just what to get him.  We're still trying to break it in (it's a lot harder than it looks), but he loves it.


Craiger is getting into coding like his siblings.  He got an Iron Man Inventor Kit.  It's awesome.  He has an iron man hand that he attaches coded components to to make it light up a certain way, blink, make sounds, all sorts of cool stuff.


Canyon LOVES PJ Masks.  This is a huge PJ Mask playset with traps, ropes, slides, & secret passages.  He is in heaven with this thing.


And the one thing Taya wanted more than anything was an electric scooter.  This one is perfect for her.  All she does now is play outside (which is WONDERFUL).  She loves it.












After we enjoyed our Santa gifts, we opened up all of our Nancy gifts.  All 107 of them.  Nancy always sends each of us a  whole new wardrobe, but this year there were TONS of gifts.  My kids call her our Fairy Godmother for obvious reasons.  They got the most amazing new clothes & shoes this year.











I got totally spoiled this year.  I think I counted 9 pairs of shoes/boots, several new outfits & dresses, a coat, 3 purses, & a few other fun things.  She is SO good to our family.  We love her so much.


After all the Nancy gifts were opened, we started opening from family.



The kids loved everything they got from grandparents & aunts/uncles.  It was the best Christmas ever.








My absolute favorite part of Christmas is stockings.  My mom always made such a big deal out of the stockings when I was a kid that it quickly became my favorite part.  My mom hand made all of our stockings (I made Canyon's this year) & they are beautiful.  We each buy 1-2 things to put in each other's stockings.  I always love to see what fun things come out of them.














Trek bought all the boys walkie talkies & put them in their stockings.  That cracked me up.  They are having SO much fun with them.




And of course I always find an excuse to buy new socks & underwear for the kids.  What better place to put them, but in the stockings?














Cadence & Lorien were cracking me up this year.  I did stocking themes & Cadence's theme was Loki where Lorien's theme was Thor.  (They're kind of obsessed right now).  A lot of their stocking items were matchy matchy. . .  with Lo's being Thor & Cadence's being Loki.  They got a kick out of it.









Christmas was great.  Once everything got settled, cleaned up, & put away, I opened up the game of Loteria that I got in my stocking from my mom & played it with the family.  My dear friend & Zumba instructor here in AL introduced me to Loteria as part of her culture & her upbringing.  It's FUN & addicting.  My kids loved it.


And every Christmas, my dad buys me a special gift called "The Daddy Gift."  This year my daddy gift was a new viola case.  Mine broke in the move & I've been carrying around my precious viola by hand, with no case ever since.  I needed this SO desperately bad & he went above & beyond.  It's a humidty controlled case so it makes sure the AL humidity doesn't get to my viola.  It fits my baby perfectly & keeps it safe & comfortable.  I love it.



It was an absolutely wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas from our home to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment