Monday, January 7, 2019

Christmas Eve

Christmas is just as special time all around.  I love the time spent with family.  The season of giving & sharing with those around us.  The love of our Savior & his birth reminding us how eternally blessed we really are.  I just love Christmas.

This year was not different.  In fact, this year was beautiful.


We got a little spoiled with presents this year.  We give our kids 3 presents each (the same number Jessus recieved: a want, a need, & something church related), but then you add in grandparents & Aunts/Uncles who send gifts & it adds that many more gifts.  I have a wonderful friend who doesn't have any family.  She never married & never had kids so she adopted me back when I was 17 & we've been friends ever since.  She's celebrated my marraige & every one of my kids' births.  She's been my friend through thick & thin & I love her like family.  She has adoopted my family as her own & spoils us rotten at Christmas (her gifts are always clothes).  This year was even more so.  I think we counted a grand total of 107 presents from her this year.  (I KNOW.  It's nuts!  Everyone got about 10 presents & I got about 25)  The presents were basically a new wardrobe for each member of the family.  All her presents around our tree mixed with our usual presents made the biggest mound I've ever seen in my life.


Auntie Tylee sent us the coolest present ever.  It was SO cool that we allowed the kids to open it for our Christmas Eve gift.  It was a GIANT Karaoke machine.  It has a disco ball, a HUGE bluetooth speaker, & 5 microphones.  It's SO awesome.  Here's a video of the kiddos playing with it on Christmas Eve:


We also had a wonderful man from church come over & spend Christmas Eve dinner with us.  Mr. Chuck has family all over the country, but none here in AL so we decided to adopt him for Christmas Eve & we had a blast.  He had dinner with us (ham, funeral potatoes, Southern mac n cheese, green bean casserole, & homemade bread.)  Then he helped us act out the nativity.  He was a wise man.  We are so grateful we got to spend Christmas Eve with him.


(As soon as I finish editing the video of the Christmas Nativity Play I'll add it here.)
After our play Mr. Chuck left & we sat down to watch a Christmas movie as a family.  While we were watching the movie, we heard sleigh bells in the kids' rooms so we ran & found wrapped presents underneath their mini-trees.  We opened them up & found pajamas for the whole family.










Santa always knows exactly what we are into.  I got Mickey Mouse pj's once again (like always).  Trek got pac man, Cadence got Spiderman & Lo got Thor.  Taya got some Harry Potter pj's & Bladen got some Jurassic World pj's.  And Craiger & Canyon rounded us out with Pokeman & Mario.  Everyone was happy & comfortable & ready for bed.



And off to bed we went. . . . well, the kids went.  Trek & I stayed up late & watched Thor Ragnorak.  Not on purpose, but once it started we couldn't stop.  I love that movie so much.

But when everyone (including mom & dad) FINALLY got to sleep, Santa came . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment