Monday, January 7, 2019

Cleaning The Temple

After Christmas, Trek & I had an amazing opportunity to clean the Birmingham, AL temple.  We've never gotten the chance to help clean the temple before, so we were really excited.

We went up early & did some temple work (genealogy, I am doing it, my genealogy) first, then met up with some great families from church to clean the temple.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  First off, it's a tiny temple.  Our temples have been huge for the last 10 years (DC, Frankfurt, & Oakland)  Birmingham is a "fun size" temple & I love it.  Secondly, all they had us do was vacuum & clean the bathrooms.  It was REALLY quick & easy, but wonderful at the same time.



Afterwards, we all went out to dinner together at this total hole-in-the-wall Mexican food place.  Let me tell you. . . hole-in-the-walls are my favorite.  The food was AMAZING.  We will definitely be going back.  It was a great night of service, friends, & great food.


No comments:

Post a Comment