Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Cadence - Энэ ямар сүнслэг юм бэ - June 7, 2023

Sain baitsgaana uu!


How are you all this week? This past week was amazing and we got so much done but it also felt like the longest week of my mission by far haha. I love my companion though because she helps me stay diligent so we always manage to have things to do. This transfer has felt so productive and my love for the area has been growing more and more every day. All of our investigators are progressing so well and we are so excited to teach them every lesson. I truly love all of our investigators with my whole heart and I am so excited for all of them to get baptized one day! We had a really cool experience with one of our investigators during a lesson this week. We felt the Spirit so strongly as we taught and I was impressed to share many different scriptures with her. At one point, a random verse popped into my head and I flipped right to it in my Mongol Book of Mormon. The craziest part was that I didn't even have it marked in my scriptures but I felt the Spirit telling me that this verse was important to share. In 3 Nephi 27, it says:

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;

I love this verse because I feel like it perfectly explains our purpose as members of the Church and disciples of Christ. We are commanded to follow Christ. In order to follow Christ we do what He did. That means we must love others, serve others, and simply be a kind and honorable person. I am thankful for the Church because through it, I have learned about Christ's example and have learned how to become the better person I want to be. Of course, none of us are expected to be perfect or just like Jesus. But through following Christ's example, we can improve every single day. I find that this improvement brings fulfillment to my life. I am so thankful for Christ and the example He provided for us!

This week we also had a Zone Conference! It was an especially cool conference because I have never felt the Spirit so strongly before. All the messages that were shared were focused on finding motivation and goal setting on the mission. Our mission President is really encouraging us to apply all of our time, talents, and efforts to improving the work that is happening in Mongolia. I felt his love for us as he encouraged us to make stronger efforts to improve. Since my companion is an STL, we got to give a training together at Zone Conference too which was super fun. We talked about how motivation is like a spark but we need "kindling" to hold that fire and keep it burning. Then we did a little scavenger hunt where the missionaries had to find the "kindling" we hid around the church. Each kindling stick had a quote from PMG or prophets about how to find motivation on the mission. It was a super fun activity and I learned a lot just through prepping the conference. Also, my companion got to conduct the whole conference which was pretty cool. I've never seen a Sister Missionary conduct before so it was pretty awesome!

 English is still going well. We designed some really cool pass-along cards for our class so we are excited to start proselyting those in our spare time. A lot of people have gone to the countryside for the summer so we aren't expecting the class to stay very big right now but we are happy for the few that have stayed to learn with us. It's been a blast so far!

Also, in more exciting news - our Stake center just became approved by the government so we can now start using it for religious purposes. Before we could only teach English in the building but now our ward will start sacrament there on Sunday! This is a really big deal and historic moment in Mongolian Church history because this has been in the works for so long! It was basically built for 2 years now and remained empty because of the law. Now we are lucky to be the first missionaries to attend sacrament in the new building ever! And the best part is it is a 4 minute walk from our apartment so we are happy to be closer haha.

Other fun things that happened this week:
- Children's Day is a huge holiday in Mongolia, so we saw many Parades and balloons and cotton candy and toys everywhere. Everyone gathered in families all across the city to celebrate and spoil their kids all day. It was super fun!
- We also had a No Car Day in the city last Saturday. We were allowed to walk on all the streets all day because no buses or cars were allowed. It was super fun but difficult to go from our area to the mission home, which was kind of far from us
- More and more youth have been coming to Mutual, which has been a blessing. Last Mutual, we actually played outside games because the weather was so nice and so warm! I'm not used to warm Mongolia weather hehe.
- We put 3 people on date for baptism! Please pray that all of our investigators will go through with their baptism! They are all so awesome and I love them so much!
- We tried delivering cookies to a family that lived in a ger but they weren't home, so we just left their cookies outside their locked gate. We hope the wild dogs didn't eat them haha

Anyways, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Potter








No comments:

Post a Comment