Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cadence - First week of Training! - August 22, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу! This week was super special! First off, the Gift of Tongues is so real! Before this transfer, I was understanding the language okay (enough to do the work at a basic level). This past week, I have understood things perfectly! It's crazy how the Lord blesses you with exactly what you need if you sincerely ask for it. He will always help you do the work He asks of you. I feel so blessed to be able to finally understand people! I think the struggle I had with the language for so long before helps me empathize with my companion more too because I know exactly how hard and frustrating it is. But my comp is learning so fast and is a great listener so I love working with her.


This week I got to meet with so many of my favorite members. And surprisingly, they all remembered me! The Mongolian people are so kind. Even though I could hardly speak to them the last time I was here, I felt their love for me as we reunited. Seeing the ward branch president again was a tender mercy moment for me. He is one of my best friends and my Mongolian grandpa.

Another mini miracle this week was meeting so many cute English students. Their friend group of 5 ended up coming to mutual which was so surprising. Then, they came to a member baptism we had after mutual. Then, they showed up at church the next day! It was crazy! At the baptism, I was helping them sing along to "I am a Child of God" and it was one of the most special moments I have had here in Mongolia. Despite not knowing what the church was or who God even is, they sang "I am a Child of God" with so much conviction and it was the cutest thing ever! I felt the Spirit confirm to me that is fact is true. I know that we are all children of God, no matter our belief, circumstances, or experiences. I am so thankful for the plan He has for each of us.

English classes have unfortunately decreased in numbers. We've been getting a consistent 2 students each class. Our YSA FHE and mutual numbers have decreased a lot too since the last time I was here which makes me sad. However, this is a golden opportunity to take a dying area and build it back up again. I am excited to tackle Darkhan and put in hard work and love in order to make it the booming place it once was. Sister Quincy and I are going to work our tail off trying to find people too so that we can build our numbers in all areas of the work.

Also, exciting news: Elder Niel L. Anderson is coming to Mongolia to speak with the missionaries next week! So everyone in the mission will get the opportunity to come together for the first time ever! It will be so cool! We are also doing Zone Conference next week and as STL, I have to plan a training for that so wish me luck! It will be such a cool experience!

This week, I was studying in Moroni 7, and learned about the goodness of God. In 
Moroni 7: 13, it says:

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

I know that God is good. He gave us the key to happiness and goodness. He made a plan for us and gave us ways to follow Him by doing good. In order to do good, we must believe in Christ and follow Him. Christ's purpose on Earth was to help us live with God again. I know that if we seek to be good and seek Christ, we can live with Heavenly Father again one day. I am thankful for this life and for my Savior. This week, I invite you to seek Christ more fully in your life so that you can become good and become like Him. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter 










No comments:

Post a Comment