Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cadence - Goodbye new home, hello old home - August 16, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу! How are you all this wonderful week!


Let's just say this past week was the best week in my entire mission. Firstly, I am so thankful to have served in the best area in the entire mission. I worked with some amazing, wonderful people, and I've loved every fun, difficult, confusing, and wonderful moment. This past Saturday, we had the opportunity to host the best mutual activity ever! We took 12 cute kids up to a member's summer home (a 2 hour bus ride away) and do service for the members. We made some yummy food together, carted dirt down their driveway, played volleyball, soccer, uno, and more. We also hiked a huge hill and explored a fun forest together. I think that experience was the best experience of my life and I feel so grateful for the testimonies of all the cute youth that came. It was so hot and tiring, but they didn't complain once and just enjoyed the experience which was awesome!

I found out last Friday that I would be training, whitewashing, and be a solo STL (Sister training leader) in the countryside, so that was a lot to take in. But despite the craziness of this new transfer news, I felt at peace knowing that I can do hard things because Christ is giving me strength and because He is by my side in all aspects of the work. It is so comforting to know that He is watching out for me and helping me every step of the way. I was also blessed with the opportunity to go back to an old area of mine! I missed Darkhan a lot so I was excited to come back and train here since this was the area I was trained in too!

On Tuesday, we met the new trainees and had so many meetings on being leaders, trainers, and trainees. My trainer's name is Sister Quincy and she is the sweetest and cutest companion. I'm also keeping my streak of being comps with only 6 ft sisters haha. We hopped on the night train Tuesday night and had to lug all of our luggage up and down 8 flights of stairs and on and off the train. We were exhausted by the end but made it safely and just in time to start getting to work.

We've only been working in Darkhan for 1 day so far but there isn't much happening here right now, so I am excited to tackle it and find so many people to teach and serve. There is so much potential for growth here! Last night, we ran into a bunch of my old English students and it was like a family reunion all over again. I missed them so much and I can't wait to start working with them again! I also missed teaching in person English classes so it will be fun to finally do that again. We also met with one of my favorite members last night and I can't believe how much I missed Taniya egch. She helped me so much when I was in training so getting to see and meet with her again was such a blessing.

In my scripture study this week, I came across an amazing verse about God's plan for us. Mosiah 7:33 says:

33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

I thought this verse was so powerful but didn't think much of it until later in the day when we were visiting Taniya egch. At the visit, she was talking about all the struggles and trials she was going through in her life recently. Many of her family members were leaving the church, she was suffering physically with health issues, and she felt like her prayers weren't being heard or answered. Immediately, this verse came to my mind again. Sometimes, Heavenly Father will not answer our prayers right away. Sometimes, we will be left to struggle and our faith will be pushed. But this is not because God doesn't love us. He never forgets us. But Heavenly Father loves us enough to let us struggle and learn on our own. He let's us experience hard trials so that we can learn and develop trust in Him. Without the hard times, we cannot feel the greatness of the good times. I am thankful that Heavenly Father loves us enough to let us struggle. And I testify that He always hears us. He is aware of our trials. He does not leave us alone because Christ is always there to succor us. Through Christ's grace, we receive strength and support from Him and Heavenly Father. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Have a wonderful week everyone!

Love,
Sister Potter









No comments:

Post a Comment