Saturday, September 30, 2023

First Week Back on American Soil

So many things happened the first week we got back to the states.

We bought a van within the first 24 hours of being there.  Yes, you read that right!  I needed a vehicle & we found a used Honda Odyssey that checked all the boxes & was less than what we intended to pay so we bought it right then & there.

The kids became obsessed with Bella, my mom's dog.  She is now their favorite "sibling."


I celebrated my birthday on July 6th.  Nancy sent me all sorts of fun things including a beautiful pair of emerald earrings.  Trek bought me my favorite game "Quacks of Quedlinburg!"  And my mom & dad got me another fun game called "Luxor!"  My family knows me well.


We also bought a 2nd car. . . a bright yellow Honda Fit.  It's pretty old & beat up (& was super cheap), but this will be the kids' car when they turn 16.  For now Trek is using it to get to/from work until his mini cooper arrives from Germany.


The kids have enjoyed finding the local library, & checking out / reading books.  They've also discovered the magic of FAST FOOD.  Oh how we missed the convenience of fast food in Germany.


Trek & I were able to go to the Provo City Center Temple which was beautiful.



We got to explore our new rental house & boy were we surprised.  It was a total disaster!  The yard was all mud (NO GRASS WHATSOEVER), the house was a filthy mess, & there was garbage everywhere.  We're now realizing why this house was within our budget.  ha ha ha.  We are determined to fix it up & make it nice again.


Being in UT, I'm around so many old friends from my childhood, Germany, & other places we've been stationed.  It's always fun to meet up with old friends.



And of course, we are near FAMILY again.  I love that we can hang out with Talon & Carolyn & their kids whenever we want.  We only live 30 minutes from each other.  It's amazing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment