Friday, October 27, 2023

Happy Birthday Harry Potter

By the time July 31st rolled around, we were SO tired of not having our things.  Life just didn't feel normal & I could tell my kids were struggling for something familiar.

So. . . I planned a Harry Potter Birthday party & invited all the kids in the neighborhood.  We didn't know ANY of them, but put the invite out there anyway & several actually showed up which was awesome.

I still didn't have my cake pans or any of my decorating supplies so I bought 2 cheap discounted cakes from the Walmart bakery, a couple tubs of white frosting, & some food coloring so I could refrost the cakes the way I wanted to.  I put the frosting into a ziplock bag & "piped" it onto both cakes.  It turned out just fine.




The kids all came over & we watched Harry Potter 3 (because Canyon had just finished reading it the day before) on the one TV we had in the house.


I made butterbeer, celery wands, clementine pumpkins, & few other snacks to keep the bellies full & the excitement going.









It was a very basic party, but it felt good to do SOMETHING in our home with people.  We all desperately needed it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment