Thursday, November 14, 2019

Adventures with Opa & Oma

We love having Trek's parents here with us.  We love being in the military & love moving around, but it is hard when we live so far away from family.  We love it when family comes to us.

The kids favorite thing in the world is listening to Opa tell bedtimes stories.  They love "Magic Fish," "The 10 Little Goslings," & "The Piano Player & the Boy Scout."  I love that even though I have teenagers, they still gather around to hear Opa tell his stories.





While the kids were at school & Trek was at work, I was able to take Opa & Oma exploring a little bit as well.  We went up to Nanstein Castle in Landstuhl (about 10 minutes from home) & explored there a little bit.




And almost every day, Opa took us on a food adventure.  Opa is like me, we love food & trying new things.  Every day we tried a new restaurant, a new food, or a new bakery, just to see what they had.  A lot of times we had no idea what we were eating, but it was delicious.


But I must say, German apple streudel is AMAZING.


We had some great german potato soup at a German restaurant.


And I love Schnitzel everywhere I go.


At the German restaurant on base, we tried their plum dumpling.  It was beautiful.



Thank you Opa & Oma for letting me join you on your foodie adventures while you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment