Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Powderpuff Football Fun

I was SO surprised when Cadence came home asking if she could play powderpuff football for Homecoming.  Standing tall at a whopping 4 foot 11 inches, I couldn't help but chuckle at her request.  Cadence is tiny, like tiny tiny, but first impressions can be deceiving.  Trek & I went to both of her powderpuff games & we were amazed at how fast & fierce she is on the field.  Her name was being called from the grandstand over the loud speaker over & over & over again.  Nobody could get past her.  She may be small, but she is NOT going to let you take that ball past her.  She sneaks in & goes for the tackle (aka she grabs the flag & pulls).  I couldn't believe how many plays she actually stopped the person with the ball.  GO CADENCE!!!

Cadence is the tiny one with the blond blond hair in a ponytail.



I also loved that ALL of Cadence's boy "friends" signed up to be powderpuff cheerleaders.  I absolutely LOVE her friends.  They are great guys & really look out for her.  They had me cracking up with their cheers & their stunts.  They all did a really great job.  I'm proud of them like they're my own kids.










Here's some short clips of Cadence in action:













I love how Lorien went to every game to support her sister too.  They are such good sisters.



For the Homecoming game, Cadence played in the pep band.  Pep band doesn't allow oboes so she did percussion again this year.  She ended up playing the bells/xylophone for pep band & had a blast.




Great job Cadence.  We are always SO proud of everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment