Monday, November 18, 2019

Braces


Sometimes life throws you some curveballs & you just have to roll with it.  I've known I've had issues with my teeth for about 6 years now, but we move so often that nobody would ever start fixing it for me.  Now that we are in one place for more than 2 years, it's time.

My mouth is a mess at this point, so we have 3 phases of work to get done.  Phase 1 is braces which happened on November 7th.  How old am I?  I feel like a 12 year old with a lisp.  Phase 2 happens next month . . . extractions.  I've got to get 3 teeth pulled (see that ugly snaggle tooth without a brace on the bottom?  Yup, see ya later!  And then 2 big guys from the top are going away too!)  Phase 3 happens in one year & requires grafting surgery (don't ask about that one, it's going to be awful!!!  At least I have a year to prepare myself for that one!)

Right now I'm just getting used to having braces.  I have bumpers on my back teeth which makes it so that I can't bite for a while.  It makes it extremely hard to eat & chew.  This could last anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. . . time will tell.  I'm a foodie so this is pure torture to me.  I just want to eat food.  I knew I wouldn't be able to eat chips, popcorn, or caramel. . . but I literally can't eat anything but soup, applesauce, smoothies, & cream of wheat right now & I'm dying a little inside.  I know it's not forever, so this too shall pass.  It doesn't make it easy or enjoyable, but I look forward to being able to bite & chew some normal food again . . . soon . . ish.

I am excited to know that 2 years from now, all my oral issues will be fixed, I'll have a beautiful smile, & I won't be contantly worried about whether or not my teeth will survive.  I look forward to that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment