Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Happy Last Day of Virtual School!!!

May 29th, FINALLY marked the kids' last day of school for the 2019-2020 school year.  It's been a doozy for sure.  The last 3 months we've been in quarantine doing virtual school through google classroom.  I'm not going to lie. . . it was HARD.  It was miserable for everyone involved, & we were SO happy for it to be over.  I'm grateful for the hard work under pressure the teachers put in to help these kids actually learn something for those 3 months.  I'm SO grateful to them & their time & sacrifices to make it work.  But I am grateful to NOT have 54 google meets to schedule & make sure my kids attended EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  I'm grateful that essays & annotations & science projects, & history videos are over.  I'm grateful I'm not having to watch youtube videos to figure out calculus & geometry anymore.  I'm grateful my kids are SO resilient & strong & still smile & find the positive in everything.  And I'm SO VERY PROUD of all 6 of them that managed to get straight A's these last 2 quarters regardless of the circumstances they were in.


Canyon's teacher made their whole class these adorable quarantine koala shirts for their last day of school.  HOW CUTE!!!


This big boy is going to middle school next year.
I'm not sure how I feel about this.  My boys have
always been my "babies!"  They're growing up too
fast.  I'm not ready for Bladen to be in middle school.
HE IS SO EXCITED.













I am especially proud of my high schoolers.  This was a tough transition to have to learn high school curriculum from home, especially for their AP & Honors classes.  They pulled through & even managed straight A's in the process.  Three cheers to them!!




Cadence is a Senior this year.  How is that even
possible?  I want to cry.  Why can't they be
our babies forever?



Friday afternoon, we invited a family over (we're allowed to do things with one other family in Germany right now. . . 2 households together is the limit) for celebratory popsicles & a big water gun fight.  We had a blast.





It was the perfect way to kick off summer vacation.
















Welcome Summer.  We've been SO excited for you to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment