Friday, July 10, 2020

June Fun


June was a busy month which was wonderful.  We did so many fun things which you'll see in future blog posts.  We've taken advantage of the beautiful summer, the lessening of COVID travel restrictions, & school being out.  We're having a blast.

One thing we love to do is take walks through the fields & forests behind our house.  We're always finding new trails to explore & love it.  Canyon loves our Sunday walks.




Trek & I have become addicted to running & biking through the trails we find.  We usually run 4-5k on a good day & we just can't get enough of the beauty around us.




And in June we BOUGHT BIKES.  Well, kind of.  Since the restrictions with COVID are so strong here in Germany, the only thing people CAN do it walk or ride bikes.  As soon as the bike shops opened back up the end of May, everybody bought out every bike in the entire country.  We have a favorite little bike shop here run out of a guy's house & we were able to ORDER 2 bikes.  It's now July & we're still waiting on them (they should come in the last week of July), but we are SO excited to get them in.  They are German mountain bikes with great shocks, disc brakes, 22 gears, & they were made for German trails.  And get this. . . . mine it being customized to me.  I'm SO short that I've always had a really hard time riding bikes.  The bike I got is a lovely turquoise & red color & they're making me an extra small frame so it FITS my height & leg length.  I'm SO excited.  Here's pics of the models we ordered.  Once it gets here, Trek is putting an electric kit on the centre bar which will turn the bike into an e-bike (which is SUPER popular here in Germany).  I love to ride, but I can only do about 10 miles before I get completely worn out on these crazy hills here.  Adding the kit to my bike will add an electric motor that will allow me to go longer distances without tiring.  I love it because I can use my bike like a regular bike as long as I can, then I flip the switch & it becomes motorized & I can continue 160 more km without even trying.  Trek & I love the LONG bike rides so it's perfect to allow me to keep up with him.  Soon, we're planning a 120 mile bike ride along the Rhine or Mosel River.  It's going to be AMAZING.




Taya has been practicing up a storm on her viola.  She's doing SO well.  It's fun to see her learn & grow.


So this is just a few of our random June items, but stay tuned for Camp Tonsofun & our Trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment