Tuesday, March 7, 2023

February Happenings 2023

February just FLEW by this year.  With 2 big trips, Trek gone most of the month TDY, stake conference with our church (which is always time consuming for Trek being in the stake presidency), 3 birthdays, & more. . . I blinked & it was March.

Craiger got to go to the Frankfurt Temple for the first time in February.  His very best friend (who looks like his twin) was able to go with him.  They had a lot of fun.




Bladen got pink eye in February which was kind of sad.  He missed out on the temple trip, but he got to spend a few days at home with me.  We had a blast together playing games, watching movies, & just chatting.  I absolutely love those little moments of one on one time with my kids.

The kids at our church also got to have a fun Valentine activity the day Craiger went to the temple.  Canyon made a big valentine for me which was ADORABLE.




He also decorated heart shaped cookies, made a heart craft, & wrote a note to our bishop telling him how much we love him.  He serves our congregation so much!



After the activity, we walked to the mall next to the church to get a fun donut. He picked out an adorable Happy Hippo donut.



Then we came back home & made valentines for Canyon's class at school.  We had some Mario valentines left over from last year as well as some new Star Wars valentines, so we used both for his friends.




Something new for Bladen this month was learning how to bake bread.  He is a Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood now & one of his responsibilities is to provide the bread for the sacrament once a month.  He wanted to make the bread from scratch to help him understand the importance of his office in the priesthood.  We woke up on Sunday morning at 6am to start the bread.  We baked 2 loaves & it took almost 5 hours to complete.  He was SO proud of his bread.


We took it to sacrament meeting & everybody loved it.  We ended up sharing the recipe with everyone.  Bladen gets to make the bread again in March so he's looking forward to getting faster the 2nd time he tries it.


Also this month, I was in charge of our church's book club event.  We read Elantris by Brandon Sanderson (my favorite author) so I put together a bunch of discussion questions as well as set out some snacks to represent the book.

Grey with white spot cookies to represent Raoden
& his Elantrian skin

Blondies to symbolize Princess Serene & her blond hair.

And red velvet cupcakes to represent Hrathen & his
red gyorn armor.

I also set out an "Elantrian Basket" which is what is given
to new Elantrians when the Shaod hits them & they are 
banished into the city.  It had bread, fruits, veggies, & cheese.


It was a fun book club & we enjoyed discussing together.

My favorite part of any day is snuggle time.  Occasionally, I'll get all my boys to climb up on my bed with me & talk while we snuggle up with each other.  I absolutely love that my 13 year old snuggles just as much as my 9 year old.  In fact, Bladen still asks me to walk with him to the bus stop every morning.  I ask him why & he says because he loves me & it makes him feel safe.  He always hugs me & tells me he loves me before he gets onto the bus.  I hope that lasts forever because I love it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment