Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Lorien's 18th Birthday

Happy 18th Birthday to this beautiful girl of mine.  I can't believe I have 2 adult children now!  My my my how time flies.

We traveled home from London ON Lorien's birthday & we arrived home so completely worn out that I promised her we could go & get Subway for dinner.  It's her favorite!


Once Trek got home from work, we opened presents from Nancy & from family.


Nancy was SO excited Lorien was turning 18.  She knew Lorien's favorite color is yellow so she went ALL OUT for her birthday.  Every single thing she opened was YELLOW.



Her big gift this year was a beautiful set of diamond earrings & a diamond pendant.  Lorien's favorite Disney movie is Aladdin & these scarab bugs are from the movie.  She LOVES them.


A blowdryer from Mimi & Baba

Cuttings Boards & a Strainer from Opa & Oma

Her siblings got her a laundry bag & oven mitts

And Trek & I got her a comforter & yellow duvet cover 
for her bed at College

We celebrated her birthday breakfast the following Thursday since there wasn't early morning seminary & all the kiddos could be home.  They all got to sleep in a little bit too which is always nice.



She chose scrambled eggs, toaster strudels, orangies, & a cupcake.




That evening we made her favorite dinner: fettachini alfredo, garlic breadsticks, & caesar salad.  Yum.



Then on Saturday, she invited a couple of friends over to watch Lord of the Rings.  I made some YELLOW lemon bars as well as my famous Reese's PB Cupcakes but in cupcake bites this time.  They turned out adorable.  It was a pretty low-key get together for her friends.  They had a great time.







Happy birthday my sweet girl.  You are destined to do many great things in your life!

I love you always & forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment