Monday, March 6, 2023

Cadence - Zone Conference #2 - February 15, 2023

 Сайн Байцгаана уу!


This week was full of some of the best moments I've experienced on the mission! First off, we had a Zone Conference this week! It was so amazing to get together with everyone and learn a lot of great things! It felt extra special too because all the countryside missionaries are in a zone together and we don't get to see each other often since we are spread out so much. The closest missionaries to our area are about a 2-3 hour drive away. The furthest companionship is about 12 hours away haha. So it felt really homey getting together with all of them and meeting some of them for the first time. There's also only about 11 companionships in our Zone vs the last conference we had which had sooo many more missionaries, so it was super fun to have a small conference. I was informed at 10pm the night before that I would be playing the piano for it so that was rough. Also, I did a singing musical number with Sister Wells at the conference and it was so fun despite the fact that I literally don't know how to sing. Overall the conference was amazing and we gained so many wonderful insights from our trainers and Mission President about how to become more effective missionaries by showing love and effectively planning out our days. Our Mission President really stressed roleplays at the conference so we've been adding those to our daily To-Do list.

On top of an amazing Zone Conference, we also had the opportunity to do an exchange this past week since everyone was in Darkhan for a few days! We crammed all of the Sisters in our zone into our apartment and had a great time hanging out and learning from one another. Personal study and getting ready in the morning became a little chaotic with six girls but it was such a great experience. And then we did companion study together and the spirit was soooo amazing! We all stood together and recited our mission's purpose and it was the coolest thing I've experienced on the mission so far. Also, my amazing mother sent a package of food ingredients from home so I got to make every Apricot chicken for lunch and it was amazing! I haven't had american food in a while so it was a good taste of home. During the exchange, I mostly taught English the whole time. My companion, Sister Khongurzul, was so sweet and amazing and taught me how to always smile. From the time the Sisters got here to the time they left (3 days) I got a total of 8 hours of sleep haha. And it was so good to see Sister Vick from the MTC again. She and I didn't get any sleep because we were having so much fun catching up and laughing and talking about old MTC memories all night. It was great!

Yesterday, we helped a sweet Эмээ in our ward clean her house. I love doing service for the people in our ward because it gives us a chance to connect more with them. She talked our ears off the whole time and then made us some delicious soup and fried meat! It reminded me of German schnitzel. I later found out that it was sheep liver! It tasted so good so 100/10 recommend. 

Our investigators are all doing well. Please pray for our investigator Nominerdene because we haven't been able to meet with her in a while and she is very very busy. Hopefully this week, we will be able to meet with her and she will be able to feel the spirit again. Our investigators are honestly so golden and amazing and they keep all of their commitments and are just the best. They are also all my English students so they have an extra special place in my heart because they are all trying so hard to learn English and the gospel. It really inspires me to work harder to learn Mongolian and the gospel as well. We are so close to Bolorsuvd's baptism and she is so ready! Hopefully we can fit it in before transfers because we just found out transfers are a week earlier than we thought they would be! Time really goes by soooo fast on the mission! It's crazy how quickly it's gone by.

Other fun things that happened this week:
- My mom sent an awesome package with great games to play with my english class - she also sent reeses and peanut butter!!!
- We had another fun sports event with our ward and two new "friends of members" (soon to be investigators) came
- One of our investigators started going to seminary without us even telling her what seminary was - she is just so awesome!
- We had 5 young women at church on Sunday (2 being our investigators). When I first got here, not a single young woman ever came to church. It was pretty awesome to see them all together!
- I made an ad for our Mongolia Church Facebook Page and it got over 200,000 views at this point! Lots of missionary work is done through Facebook haha

All together it's been a great week! As I was reading in Luke 15, I came across these verses:

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance

I love the comparison of Christ to a shepherd, yet I don't think it does Him justice. It is a shepherd's job to find his lost sheep; it is Christ's DESIRE to find His lost sheep. We are not a burden to Him. We are not a chore for Him to find. He loves us perfectly and unconditionally and He wants to help us get back home. We must let Him help us by desiring to have faith in Him. He cannot help us without our faith and desire to be helped by Him. I know that Christ loves each one of you and died so that He could help each one of you. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter









No comments:

Post a Comment