Sunday, March 26, 2023

St. Patrick's Day 2023

St. Patrick's Day wasn't smooth as it usually is at the Potter house.  With Canyon in the hospital & me running back & forth from home & the hospital, it was a little crazy.

Lorien was such an angel & came up with a couple of clues on her own to start the St. Patty's Day Hunt.  I was very proud of her for trying to make the holiday run as smoothly as possible.  She even decorated the house & made some green jello.






First thing in the morning, we woke up & I made green pancakes, green eggs, & green apple slices.



The kids followed Lorien's clues to help them get dressed in green & get to school.  I told her I'd plan the rest of the day so she didn't have to worry about it.  It was so sweet of her to help.







After spending the day at the hospital with Canyon while the kids were at school, I came home just in time to get the kids off the bus.  Two of Craiger's friends came over for his "birthday party sleepover."  They loved participating in the remainder of the St. Patty's Day fun.



They had never had "Shamrock Shakes" before & loved them.  Who doesn't love mint chocolate chip?





They were VERY into solving each of the clues & puzzles I had made up.  They enjoyed "Don't Eat Pete" as well as "Roll a Rainbow."  



For dinner I made fettachini alfredo (green), lime jello, & a rainbow of fruits.





Then the kids spent a couple of hours doing an online escape room that had to do with Dwarven Mines since Craiger's birthday this year was mine/rock themed.


Eventually, they found their way to the treasure & enjoyed playing video games for the rest of the night while enjoying their spoils.


Craiger opened presents from his friends & got a really cool Harry Potter lego set & a gemstone collection.



Even though it was a little hectic, we still had a fun St. Patrick's Day!

Once I got the kids off to school, I raced over to the hospital to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Canyon too.  I made him a simpler hunt with clues & games he could do in his hospital bed.  It wasn't anything fancy, just something to pass the time & keep him entertained.







He was SO HAPPY that he got to do some St. Patty's day activities too.  My kids love St. Patrick's Day so I was happy I was able to throw something together for him.  He loved solving each clue, then seeing what was inside the bag.  Sometimes it was a game to play with me & sometimes it was a treat to enjoy.








He even got a treasure of rainbow candy & chocolate coins.  He was one happy boy.


Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Potter House!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment