Thursday, May 11, 2023

April Happenings

A lot happened in April.  It has been a very busy month which is why it's now mid-May & I'm just now getting around to working on my blog.  Luckily, the movers have come & taken all of our things for now so I have some time to work on my blog before we move in June.

For the last little bit of Spring Break, we took the kids to Judy's Diner for dinner one night (it's one of Trek & my favorites). . .


And Trek did another big bike ride with some friends to get prepared for the huge 100 mile ride planned in April.




We also dressed up as Mario characters to see the new Mario movie together . . 
which was AMAZING by the way.  Definitely a must see for all the Mario fans out there.



We did a few date nights in April which is always fun with the kids.  I took Craiger on a date & we did an Easter scavenger hunt around the BX together.  He had fun with that.



We took all the kids to see the play "Newsies" in ktown.  A lot of their friends were in it so we wanted to go support them.  Plus we just LOVE Newsies.



Bladen & I also got to do a fun date night to Chilis on base.  We got to talk about school, friends, & the upcoming move.  Bladen is getting so fun.  I like having a teenage boy around.  He is such a sweet heart.


The sunsets & sunrises in Germany right now are incredible.  I'm going to miss Germany's beauty.  Nothing in the world compares.




These are the fields behind our house.  This is our 
view every morning & night.

I finished up teaching piano lessons this month.  I was SO SO SO sad to be done.  I'm going to miss my 21 students here.  They've all been so wonderful.


Canyon discovered edamame.  It's his new favorite vegetable/legume.  He eats them like there's no tomorrow.


And Lorien attended a European culinary competition an hour north of here with 3 of her culinary friends.  They had a lot of fun over 3 days learning about quick breads, yeast breads, dessert sauces, & other things.  The final day they competed in teams making appetizers with secret ingredients provided by the judges.  Lorien's team won.  She was very excited.



The movers came the first week of May so April was crazy preparing for the move.  I'm glad that part of the move is done & now I can focus on less stressful things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment