Thursday, May 11, 2023

Piano Recital - 2023 - Disney

April marked my last piano recital here in Germany.  I have had 21 students here (which makes for a very full schedule for me), but I have absolutely loved every single minute of it.

For my final recital I chose a Disney theme, because it's my favorite.  Each student got to pick their favorite Disney song or Disney movie.  I was surprised at the variety the kids picked.  We had classic songs, songs from my childhood, & a ton of songs from the more recent movies.  It was a really fun recital.

Here is a video of the entire thing (it's about an hour & half long).


I was proud of each of the kids getting up there & performing.  It's really scary to play for other people.  They were all super nervous & though there were mistakes, I was SO incredibly proud of them for doing it.  They all did amazing.














On my most recent trip to Disney Paris, I picked up a stuffed animal for each of my students to give them at this recital.  I knew they'd love them & I wanted to give them something that they would treasure that would remind them of me.  I want them to be able to look at that stuffed animal & automatically know how much I love them & will always love them.  They have become my bonus children & I will never forget them.



I love how excited they were about those stuffed animals.  It made me so happy.



They were all so sweet too & got me some gifts to remember them.  I got a beautiful vase for flowers, a wooden piano (with music to stille nacht, my favorite German Christmas song on it) with an angel playing the piano wearing red/black (because it's Minnie Mouse colors).  Then they got me a Christmas Rainbow for my window at Christmastime.  The Germans put these in their windows at Christmas & light them up.  They wanted to get me a few things so I'll always remember them & my time here in Germany.

I was a sobbing mess by the end.  This truly has been a magical 4 years for me.  I love teaching piano.  I love these kids, & I'll miss them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment