Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Petersburg Rodelbahn Fun

So our van broke down right before our planned road trip to Venice & Croatia (our "retry" after Canyon's accident).  But, it was not meant to be.  So instead, we got a group of friends together to go to the Petersburg Rodelbahn not far from our house.  Most of them had never been there & I absolutely LOVE sharing my hidden gems with others.

Petersburg is awesome.  It's a big rodelbahn that takes about 2 minutes to get down (which is long for a rodelbahn), a huge playground, a restaurant, & 3 metal slides that are a blast.  This place is great for kids, teens, & adults.  We had a blast.



We got enough tickets for each family member to ride the rodelbahn 3 times each.  Normally this place is completely empty, but for some reason we managed to come on a German holiday so it was packed.  We had to wait 30 minutes to get on the slide each time we wanted to go.  It was still a blast.





Plus waiting in line is SO MUCH FUN with friends.






I got to ride with a little friend of mine.  I'm going to miss all these "bonus kids" of mine here.  I love our friends & their kids.  They are like my own & I'm going to miss them terribly.





The kids had a blast at the playground.  They got all their energy out & played all sorts of games together.



But the favorite part of Petersburg is always the metal slides.  They are hilariously fun.  One is a wavy slide, one is a tube slide, & the middle one is a death drop of 8 meters where your soul leaves your body as you freefall straight down.  It's my favorite for OBVIOUS reasons.








We all had way too much fun.


Afterward we got a cool drone shot of everyone together.  I love these friends of ours.



After playing for 4 hours, we dropped the kiddos off at home & went to dinner with some friends at a Biergarten in Kaiserslautern up by the Rapunzel Tower.  We had some yummy German food & great conversation for 3 hours.  I love free nights like these.  They are my favorite.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment