Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Cadence - Got Robbed - гайхалтай 7 хоног - May 16th, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу!


How are you all this week? My week was an adventure for sure. First off, we got robbed. It wasn't actually so bad. Someone just managed to steal our phone out of my zipped up hidden coat pocket while we were on the bus. We were so frustrated because we had to travel super far to find a phone market and everything was so expensive (our mission has us pay for a new phone with our personal money). Thankfully after an hour of searching we found one for decently cheap but its pretty banged up and super slow. Its okay though because it gets the job done (eventually haha). 

At another point this week, my comp and I were walking home from English class and this old guy walked past us. As he was walking past us, he wacked me with his walking cane haha. It wasn't super hard but I was very confused. Maybe he doesn't like Russians? Also, yesterday we were delivering cookies and heart attacking our members' and investigators' houses. We went to one house and left the cookies and notes on the doorstep, knocked, and then ran a little ways off so we could listen to them grab the cookies. All of a sudden, we heard something smack the wall. When we went back to the door we found that they had chucked our gift across the hallway and all the cookies were smashed into the wall. So that was a little sad. Thankfully everyone else liked the suprise!

We had so many wonderful visits this week with people and I really felt the gift of Tongues for the first time in a while. The way I feel the Gift of Tongues is not like how I expected to before the mission. When I feel it, I find it easier to remember things I have learned in the past and then I feel more comfortable using those old things in the lesson I am teaching. It happens in an instant and it is so cool to experience, because through the Gift of Tongues, I can feel the Spirit more present in our lessons. Our investigators all commented on how they felt the Spirit very strongly in our lessons this week, and that made me so happy and excited to become a better missionary. I want to continue to teach through this power and this Spirit so that all can come unto Christ and feel His love. I love being a missionary!

English is still going well. Sadly our class's TV broke so now all of my lessons are from scratch again. I got so used to using the premade missionary English lesson slides that I forgot how to plan my own lessons haha. But its okay and my students are still as eager as ever to learn.

Also transfer news just came out this morning and I'm staying in Enkhtaivan! My companion Sister Tuvshinjargal is leaving and my new companion is going to be Sister Meyers! She came in the MTC district before me and she is awesome! I am so excited for this next transfer! 

This week, I really tried to dive deep into studying about Christ and the joy He brings to our lives. I really liked these verses particular in Helaman 5:

10 And remember also the words which Amulek spake unto Zeezrom, in the city of Ammonihah; for he said unto him that the Lord surely should come to redeem his people, but that he should not come to redeem them in their sins, but to redeem them from their sins. 

11 And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls. 

12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I love these verses so much! I love the emphasise on joy found in repentence. Some people see repentence as a chore that is full of guilt, shame, and embarassment. But repentence is the complete opposite. Through it, we can recognize our mistakes and improve. We can feel joy and peace in this improvement process. And the most wonderful part is that Christ is always there to be our rock. He is the way and the light. If we build our foundation on Him, strive to be like Him, and repent when we fall short, Satan will never have power over us. We can be free from all guilt, all shame, all fear, and all hardships because Christ is there and He is waiting to hold us up. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter

Also shout out to my amazing Mother!! Happy Late Mother's Day.








No comments:

Post a Comment