Thursday, May 11, 2023

Cadence - Христийн Амьдлсний баяр хүргэе - April 11th, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу!


Sorry I didn't write an email last week. I honestly didn't really get a pday last week because of transfers. And guess what? They closed my area for Sisters 😔 So my companion and I were kicked out of Darkhan and I was given one days notice to move to my new area called Enkhtaivan in the big city. My companion also finished her mission this past transfer so we had to say goodbye to each other which was so sad. I love Sister Munkhtsetseg so much. During our last pday together, all the missionaries in Darkhan hung out and did karaoke at the church (with church songs ofc) and then went out to a nice dinner to celebrate Sister Munkhtsetseg finishing her mission.

During transfers, our mission also lost 5 other amazing and powerful sisters including my trainer Sister Burgess. Those sisters carried the mission and without them, I don't know what we are going to do. Saying goodbye to Sister Burgess though was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever had to give. President hosted a fireside during transfers for those missionaries to give goodbye testimonies before they finished up their missions and I don't think I've ever cried so much in my entire life. Their testimonies were so beautiful and I was so happy for them. They definitely put in a lot of work over the course of their mission.

Now, I am in a new area with my new companion Sister Tuvshinjargal! She is so awesome and has an amazing sense of humor haha. Also, she's shorter than me so this will be the one and only time I am the taller companion. Everyone makes jokes about us being the shortest companionship on the mission. Sister Tuvshinjargal is very diligent and dedicated in studying English, which has helped me a lot with studying Mongolian this transfer. We help each other learn and so far, I think I have learned more Mongolian this past week than I have my whole mission. I also feel like my understanding is improving a ton! I feel more confident and comfortable just finding and speaking to people which has payed off really well in my new area where I don't know anyone.

Enkhtaivan is beautiful so far and the ward members are so cute. I also forgot how close the areas are in the city so we see so many missionaries all the time. And our district is huge with 13 missionaries. It makes for a fun time. I also teach English 5 times a week by myself again. I love the classes here because everyone is at an intermediate level and they love to participate in class! It makes class super interactive and fun to teach.

This week I also ran into 5 different people from my first two areas and it was such a special experience to see them again. I ran into my favorite person (my Mongolian mom) Tuyuntsetseg and I have never felt so happy in my life to see someone again. She invited us over for dinner tonight and even though she isn't in our area, we got permission to visit her again so I am so excited!

Its been a busy but wonderful past couple weeks and I just wanted to close with an Easter message. Happy late Easter everyone! He is risen and because of our Savior, we will get to live again! I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and for the Savior's love for us. After He was Resurrected, Christ taught the Nephites "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." I know that Christ is our light and our life. He suffered for us so that we could live again. He suffered so we could have joy. He suffered so that death would not be the end. I love my Redeemer and I know that my Redeemer lives!

He lives my kind wise Heavenly friend
He lives and loves me to the end
He lives, and while He lives I'll sing
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King
He lives and grants me daily breath
He lives and I shall conquer death
He lives my mansion to prepare
He lives to bring me safely there

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Potter

I forgot to add, our mission President wanted to make Easter a big celebration this year because of what was taught in conference. Before this year, Mongolian didn't know what Easter was. Last weekend, President hosted a giant Easter concert with performances and spiritual messages centered on Christ. Over 600 people attended which is over half of all of the church members in Mongolia. It was amazing! I sadly didn't get any pictures since I was in the countryside at the time but it was awesome!








No comments:

Post a Comment