Sunday, May 21, 2023

Bladen's 14th Birthday

 Happy 14th Birthday to my Buddy Blade!  I can't believe my baby boy is 14!!!  At the rate he's growing right now, he'll pass up Trek in height by the end of summer.  He's getting SO tall & his voice is SO deep.  These boy growth spurts keep me on my toes.  I swear, he fits his clothes one day & then the next, he's too tall.  It doesn't help that he eats me out of house & home.  This kid eats EVERYTHING.  But I love him to death.  He's my gentle giant who still gives me hugs every morning & every night.  He still talks to me about his day, & he still is my sweet little boy.


For his birthday breakfast, Bladen chose biscuits & gravy, bananas, & ding dongs.  Biscuits & Gravy is one of his favorite meals ever.







We opened presents from family before everyone left for school.


Nancy always sends the best clothing, shoes, & soap.

Opa & Oma got him a Dr. Who sweatshirt.

We got him the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom game that he's been waiting for forever.  Mimi & Baba got him some great athletic shirts. . . & he got a lot of money from grandparents/aunts/uncles.  He loved it.

That night we celebrated Bladen with his friends.  He wanted a Minecraft themed party, but he wanted my famous peanut butter cake so I made it a square instead of a circle & made it look like a magma block from minecraft.  He thought that was pretty funny.










Once his friends came over, I made some lasagne (his other favorite food), & we served it with a tray full of fruits & vegetables.  Those boys devoured it ALL.  I don't know how teenage boys eat so much.  But they enjoyed it & that's all that mattered.




The rest of the party, they just wanted to "hang out" (teenagers!).  They went to the park & played a competitive game of ultimate frisbee, then cooled off in the house & played some Smash Brothers & Mario Kart until it was time for cake.  With 14 candles, that cake was LIT.












He had a great time.  I was SO happy when he told me he wanted a party with friends this year.  We've lived here 4 years & this is the first party he's wanted to invite others over so we made it extra fun.  He had a blast, his friends had a blast, & everyone was happy.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment