Thursday, November 26, 2009

Can you say CHOCOLATE?





Okay, so we're a bunch of losers who didn't make a huge turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Life has been so hectic lately that we really just wanted to get away from it all & take a little trip somewhere as a family. So instead of doing the traditional Thanksgiving thing, we took a day trip to Belgium to the Jacques Chocolate Factory in Eupen, Belgium. It is an hour & a half drive out there, but we're glad we did it. The kids had SO MUCH FUN! First we took a tour of the chocolate museum where we learned how cocoa beans become chocolate. Then we got to go inside the actual factory where they made & packaged the chocolate bars. It was fun to see all the chocolate on the conveyor belts & how the machines wrapped each bar & then put it in a box to be shipped. I felt like I was in a real Willy Wonka Factory! The kids loved it. And the smell of the place was SO sweet I thought I was going to puke. I've never smelled so much sugar in my life & it literally made me sick to my stomach.


After the factory, we visited the store where they sell you the "defective" chocolate (anything that isn't absolutely perfect) for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! We bought over 5 pounds of chocolate. Mmmm. Talk about a SWEET day!




No comments:

Post a Comment