Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving on Saturday


On Saturday we were finally able to have our traditional Thanksgiving dinner since the entire family was there. Mom of course woke up at the crack of dawn to get everything ready & in order. We first had Talon's birthday breakfast, got that cleaned up, & then started on dinner. I ran with Dad to the store to pick of a few last minute necessities.

Talon & Carolyn invited 3 of Talon's friends from work to share the holiday with us. I love Thanksgiving. I just love gathering around together & talking & stuffing our faces until our bellies ache. It's FABULOUS!!! The food was WONDERFUL as always. Cadence & Tylee got to battle it out for the magical wish from the turkey's wishbone. Cadence beat Tylee of course & she wished she could be Rapunzel from the new movie Tangled. (Oh to be a kid again!)


Poor Mom & Dad were pooped after all the preparation. I loved seeing them snuggled up on the couch fast asleep. They always do so much for us.


After dinner we all went to the movies to watch the new "Tangled" movie. It was absolutely adorable. I loved it. I always love Disney Princess movies. My girls were in HEAVEN. Then we came back home & started talking & telling stories once again. And of course a Potter get-together wouldn't be the same without a sibling wrestling match.


Somehow it always ends up being Talon & Trek fighting in the end. I swear those two have to battle it out until they're ready to pass out.



And I think they finally realized they're not as young as they used to be. After about 20 minutes of wrestling, they finally just gave out & lied there like they were dead. It was hilarious. I hope my boys are as close as Trek is with his brothers. I love it.


And then we were all off to bed. Everybody had to go home the next day, including us. We had to get up at 4am so we could leave by 5. Ugh. The car ride is always my least favorite part. That & the fact that I absolutely HATE saying good-bye. It was a fabulous Thanksgiving with wonderful people. I miss Trek's family already.

No comments:

Post a Comment