Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day
from the Potter house.

I love Valentine's Day. Sure it falls exactly in the middle of 2 of my kids' birthdays, but it's a fun holiday & I always think of my hubby on Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day was the first day we both realized we wanted to start dating each other. Aaah. . . sigh. He gave me a Valentine card that day & the rest is history.

I packed special Valentine lunches for Trek & the girls. They were totally NOT HEALTHY, but they were themed in pink, red, & white & had LOTS of yummy heart things inside. They loved them. The kids especially loved the heart shaped MARSHMALLOWS COVERED in SUGAR with CHOCOLATE in the middle. If you're going to rot their teeth, at least let them enjoy it right? ha ha ha.



Then I decorated the house with pink & white streamers before everyone woke up. I got them each a sweet Valentine card & wrote cute little "I Love You" notes. And then they each got a box of chocolates.


I made a Valentine Breakfast. It was a simple breakfast, but the kids enjoyed it. Our favorite breakfast food is nutella toast. I cut the toast with a cookie cutter to make it a cute little heart & smothered it in yummy chocolatey Nutella. YUM.





I love ALL of my little Valentine's. . . but I must admit, my little 2 year old sure melts my heart. I could just eat him up. What a cutie.



During the day I managed to make a heart shaped red velvet cake. It wasn't hard at all. I just made 2 boxed mixes & put 1/3 of the batter in each heart shaped pan. Then I put the remaining 1/3 in a glass casserole pan. Once the cakes are baked & cooled, just put them together with cream cheese frosting & then spread cream cheese frosting around the entire thing. It's okay if you get crumbs in the frosting, you won't be able to see it. Then take your extra casserole cake & crumble it into lots of little pieces & sprinkle it over your frosting. It makes you heart RED & looks REALLY PRETTY. (It tastes really good too.)


And my Sweetheart's FAVORITE FOOD is PIZZA. So I made him a heart shaped pepperoni pizza for our special day.


And don't forget the chocolate covered Strawberries. . . MY FAVORITE Valentine treat.


Oh, I & had to show off my new Mickey Mouse plates & bowls. (They are my Valentine's gift to me. . . . because I have absolutely NO WILLPOWER when it comes to Mickey Mouse.)


Pizza for dinner & cake for dessert. SO HEALTHY right? ha ha ha.






It was a fun day. I love celebrating with my family. They make me happy! Now I'm off to get ready for the next birthday party. Aaaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment