Friday, September 20, 2013

All Grown Up

There are days where you just feel really old.

I keep in touch with people from every part of my life.  Being in the military we move a LOT & I have to say good-bye to friends all the time.  But there's always that chance that your paths will cross again in the future.  It really does happen more often than you realize.

This week I had the opportunity to feed the Spanish missionaries for our Stake, & guess who one of those missionaries was?  My old piano student BJ Lovin!  When we were stationed at Hill AFB (2001-2007) I had about 12 piano students & BJ was one of them.  He was 9 at the time.  I still remember him playing the Star Wars Theme song at one of my recitals.  It's crazy how fast time flies.

Now BJ is all grown up & serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints here in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission.  I KNOW, what are the chances?  It was SO MUCH FUN having him over for dinner.  To me he'll always be that fun loving kid who LOVED to play the piano as fast as he could without counting.  He grew up, became a drummer (who has to count perfectly & at the correct speed) & then served a mission.  It was a pleasure having him over for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment