Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Leather Face Pot Pie, Boo Juice, & Caramel Apple Cupcakes


We had 3 fun Halloween foods for dinner last night.  I had a free day to myself (with the kids of course, but no errands) so I made 3 things.

First I made dinner itself:
LEATHERFACE POT PIE


Sometimes I hate following recipes so I just piled a bunch of stuff together for this.  I bought refrigerated pie crusts from the store & started my pot pie with a pie crust in the bottom of the pie pan.  Then I raided the veggie drawer/shelf to put in my pie.  I found & chopped up onions, carrots, celery, peas, & potatoes.  I boiled them for 15 minutes, drained them, & then added a family size can of Cream of Chicken soup.  I filled the soup can half way milk & added that as well.  I mixed it up until it was nice & creamy & then added random amounts of salt, pepper, basil, oregano, celery salt, & garlic salt.  I cut the face out of the top pie shell & rolled that dough together to make the nose.  Then I cut slits all over the face & "stitched" it up with rosemary leaves.  I baked it at 375 for about an hour.  It was delicious.




Next I made:
BOO JUICE


1 cup orange juice
1 cup milk
2 bananas
2 cups orange sherbet

Add it all in a blender
  (it will be FULL so you can cut the recipe in half & do 2 batches if that works better for you.) 
& pour it into a cup.  Make a dollop of whipped cream for a ghost & add chocolate chips for the eyes.




For dessert I made:
CARAMEL APPLE CUPCAKES


I actually found a caramel apple cupcake mix at the grocery store the other, as well as caramel apple frosting.  They are AMAZING.  I just baked the cupcakes as directed on the box.  Once they cooled, I took off their wrappers & put them on a plate.  Next I heated up the frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds until it because melty & poured it directly onto the cupcakes like hot caramel.  Add sticks & voila, you have caramel apple cupcakes.


Enjoy!

1 comment: