Friday, June 7, 2019

Bladen's 10th Birthday

My buddy Bladen turned 10 on April 28th, 2019.  I can't believe my oldest BOY is in the double digits already.  It's crazy how fast time flies.

Since we took our big trip to Disneyworld in March, we aren't doing "big" birthday parties for the kids this year.  However, I do let them invite 1-2 of their best friends over for some cake & a movie at  our house for a small scale birthday celebration.  Bladen decided to invite his best friend, Trip, over for some fun.  We had brownie sundaes & we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  Those two boys are the biggest Harry Potter fans ever.  They even started their own Harry Potter fan club this year.  They'd meet after school 3 times a week to discuss Harry Potter & play Harry Potter games.  They are the cutest boys ever.




Trip gave Bladen the biggest nerf gun I've ever seen.  Those boys are having SO much fun having nerf wars now.  They crack me up.



For Bladen's birthday breakfast, he chose banana caramel pancakes, sausage patties, sliced green apples, & a birthday cake cupcake instead of a ding dong.





The whole family was happy to celebrate our little 10 year old.


I did go to Bladen's school with a BUNCH of homemade M&M Brownies to share with his classmates for his birthday.  I was having so much fun that I completely forgot to take pics.  Sometimes being present is more important than taking the pictures.  I have to remind myself of that sometimes.  It was a lot of fun & I enjoyed meeting some of his classmates.

For his birthday, my friend Nancy sent Bladen all sorts of fun clothes, most of which were Harry Potter themed.


Craiger drew his brother a picture of them together with pokemon.


Taya gave her brother $1.


Opa & Oma sent him a Jurassic World lego set & an AWESOME drum key for his drum set.


Mimi & Baba sent the coolest Harry Potter t-shirt & lunch box ever.  Bladen is SUCH a Ravenclaw.  This is the perfect lunch box for him.


Grandma K. sent him $10 to spend however he wished.


And even Canyon gave his brother the only $1 bill he had.  These kids love each other so much.  It melts my heart.


For Bladen's birthday dinner, I made lasagne, sliced pears, & Hawaiian sweet rolls.


He was one happy 10 year old.


Happy Birthday Bladen Man.  You are a light in my life & such a wonderful boy.  I love you forever kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment