Monday, June 10, 2019

Tea Party

A group of ladies that I worked with on the play "Pride & Prejudice" decided to get together & have tea at the Smith Byrdhouse Tea Room here in Prattville.  This is the adorable little tea room we did the Jane Austen Tea at in March.  When I was Jane Austen, I didn't get a chance to eat or drink anything because I was speaking & talking to guests the whole time, so I was excited to come back & actually get to enjoy the food.

I ordered the princess tea (I felt like a princess too) which came with 4 finger sandwiches, 3 desserts, 2 scones with clotted cream & lemon curd, fruit, plus a bottomless pot of tea.

Their food was to die for.  Each of the 4 sandwiches was different & SO delicious.  They had a peach scone & a vanilla scone, both of which were amazing.  And the desserts!!!!  YUM.  Homemade Cream brûlée, strawberry cobbler, & red velvet cake.

I'm not really a tea drinker.  Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we don't drink tea unless it's herbal or fruit tea so I haven't really had any luck with herbal or fruit tea that I actually like.  These guys made me a believer.  I had 3 different teas & all three were amazing.  My first was a peach apricot fruit tea & it was my favorite of the bunch.  Once you add a little cream & sugar, it was like a warm peach drink.  The second was a fruity tea with mango, pineapple, apples, & berries & it tasted like fruit punch.  And the 3rd was an herbal carmel toffee tea which was SO rich & yummy.


There's nothing in the world like good friends & good food.  This was definitely an afternoon to remember.  It was AMAZING.





No comments:

Post a Comment