Monday, June 4, 2018

Mother's Day Leis

Mother's Day was wonderful this year.  It fell on Canyon's birthday (May 13th) so we got to share our day.  Trek was great & made sure I had a great day.  I got a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries, some camera lenses for my iPhone, & a cool Mickey wall decal for our new house.  It was a lovely day.


A few days before Mother's day, my dear friend Luti Gallahar taught me the art of making leis.  Luti is from Tonga & is the most wonderful & generous woman you've ever met.  She sat with me for 3 hours & taught me how to braid tea leaves with rafia & then showed me how to tie flowers to the braid to make a beautiful lei.




I got to make my own Mother's Day lei & it actually turned out really well.  It was beautiful.  I will forever be grateful to her for sharing a little piece of her beautiful culture with me.




One of my favorite parts of mother's day is all the cute cards the kids make me.  My favorite card ever came from Bladen this year.  Look how hilarious this kid is.


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment