Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Cadence's Sweet Sixteen Surprise Party

I know I said I wasn't going to do any parties this year, but 16 is too important of a birthday to not have a party.

I planned a surprise party for her so that the day she took the ACT test, she'd come home from the test to find all of her friends waiting for her.  SURPRISE.

Well, the surprise was turned on me.  She was sick.  SUPER sick.  She had a fever, a cough, & was SO tired & sick that she could barely get out of bed.  Poor thing.  She still took the ACT (because of the unrefundable $70), but I knew she was too sick to party & I also didn't want to get anyone else sick.  So we cancelled the party she didn't even know about.

A week later, I figured out a way to reschedule the party & still have it be a surprise.  2 of her friends decided to have a "Gal-entine" dinner out the day after Valentine's Day & invited her to come along.  They went out to dinner while I assembled all of Cadence's other friends here at the house.




We all waited patiently for her to come home, & then 

S U R P R I S E!!!


At first she was terrified like she was getting mugged, but then she realized it was all her friends & she couldn't stop laughing.



We had so much fun.


We played all sorts of games like spoons, murder in the dark, laser tag, & many other fun group games.  We even got in a little karaoke as well.


I love Cadence's friends.  They are all such good kids.  I call them all MY kids & love having them over.







Towards the end I made up a cheesecake topping bar & we sang to Cadence.  She loved that I made it so she could top her cheesecake with all of her favorite things.




We had so much fun hanging out with everyone.  Cadence seemed to enjoy herself too.


Happy 16th Cadence.  We love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment