Friday, April 5, 2019

Taya's Old American Village Field Trip

I absolutely LOVE being able to go with my kids on field trips.  I love spending some one on one time with them in learning environments & I just love being with their friends & teachers.  It's always so much fun.

Taya had a really great field trip in March to Old Amerian Village up by Birmingham, AL.  It was a long drive, but well worth it.  Taya & I had a blast learning about early American history.

Taya's favorite place was the armory.  The kids got to learn how to load muskets, how to use bayonets, & learned to march in a battalion.  It was really cool.





We also learned about George Washington & his home, the signing of the Constitution, & Paul Revere's ride.

Some kids even learned how to dance at a ball.




It was a really great place for kids to learn.  It was funny because every single "place/event" we visited today, Taya has visited in real life with the exception of Boston & Paul Revere's story.  But we have been to Williamsburg, George Washington's house, Independance Hall, etc.  It was really fun.


And I love spending time with my sweet little girl.  She's growing up so fast.  I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment