Friday, April 5, 2019

Tea with Jane Austen

As you know, I've been working day & night creating costume pieces for the local community theater's production of Pride & Prejudice that opens in April.  It's been a labor of love, but exhausting at the same time.  I've been to nearly every rehearsal, love our sweet cast members, & have learned SO much about my own sewing skills (& have improved greatly in the process).

As a member of the theater's crew, I had the opportunity to be a part of a publicty event for the play entitled "Tea with Jane Austen."  There is a cute tea house here in Prattville & we did an event where people could buy tickets to have tea & lunch with Pride & Prejudice author "Jane Austen."  I was asked to play the part of Jane Austen for that tea.  I got to dress up in one of the costumes & bonnets I made, practice my British dialect, & memorize anything & everything I could about Jane Austen.


It was SO MUCH FUN.  I felt like a Disney princess.  For 2 hours I got to walk around & visit with 2 full tea rooms of people.  I loved talking to them & finding out what they knew about me (Jane Austen).  I'm SO happy I was given this opportunity.



Some of the characters from the play were there as well.  Elizabeth & Jane Benett, Mr. Darcy, & Mr. Bingley joined us for the tea as well.  They looked amazing.


I got to pose with many people for pictures.  It really was a blast to do.


Now, everyone be sure to come see our play in April & May.  I hear the costumes are fabulous.
;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment