Wednesday, April 3, 2019

February Happenings

We had a lot of "events" in February, but we also had some fun little things that happened.

You know how much I love to celebrate every little holiday.  Chinese New Year is a fun one.  I got out my fancy Chinese dinneware & made some yummy Chinese food (thanks to my dad's amazing recipes from when he lived in Taiwan).  We drank out of cups representing each of our Chinese Year Animals (I'm a rooster) & we enjoyed chocolate coins & fortune cookies.






For Valentine's Day, the kids requested lots of RED & lots of HEARTS.  I made heart shaped pasta noodles with red sauce, heart strawberries, & heart shaped jello jigglers.  They loved it.


We also met up with one of Trek's best friends from high school in February.  Chris Hagewood drove up from Georgia to meet us here in Alabama for an afernoon of fun, laughter, & great stories.  It was great getting to finally meet him.



Canyon managed to lose a tooth AT SCHOOL.  He was so excited that he made his teacher call me & text me this picture of him.  The tooth fairy even brought him a full dollar that night.


Nobody told me that Alabama was where tornadoes liked to live.  I feel like we've spent the majority of January & February hunkering down (aka hiding) in our bathtubs hoping one doesn't hit our house directly.  We've had SEVERAL scares.  Tornadoes are no joke.  The destruction to the towns around us this year is insane.  I can't wait for the tornado season to be over with.


And in the middle of all the chaos, Trek & I have been trying to get things ready for our move to Germany in June.  The latest requirement: 19 appointments for the kids including doctors, dentists, & school counselor visits for each child & 18 forms (a total of 93 pages) that needed to be filled out, signed, approved, & submitted before we could get our orders.  My poor kids had to be pulled out of school countless times to complete it all.  But they take it in stride.  Canyon loves to just "chill" at the dr. office.  He cracks me up.  But the good news is, all 93 forms are filled out & turned in, & we are all clear to move to Germany.


No comments:

Post a Comment