Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cadence Gets Her Ears Pierced


I'm one of those moms that cries through my kids' immunizations & can't handle watching or taking part in anything that might hurt them in any way. When Cadence was a baby I took her TWICE to get her ears pierced & couldn't go through with it. I just couldn't do it. Then when she was 4 I tried again, but still couldn't do it. She kept begging & asking so I told her when she turned 8 she could get her ears pierced. I never thought that day would come, but it did. She's been waiting SO long & the day was finally here. So, since I'm just a big baby, I made it a fun day for all of her Aunties. Auntie Cari, Auntie Tylee, & Auntie Marc got to take her to the store to get her ears pierced & then they got to take her out to lunch! She was SO excited to get alone big girl time with her Auntie's & I was SUPER excited to not have to sit through her getting her ears pierced. It was a win-win situation.

Cadence first got to pick out what earrings she wanted. She chose some adorable diamond daisies (which I LOVED!!).


The piercing was a birthday present from Auntie Tylee so Cadence was very grateful to her for the new earrings.


Part of me wondered if she would actually go through with it (especially after the tooth debacle the night before), but she did it. She said it only hurt for a second & she didn't cry at all. I was very proud!


The pain was worth it. Her ears looked GREAT. Her little earrings are adorable. She looks SO GROWN UP!! I can't believe I have an 8 year old now!



After getting her ears done, the aunties took her out to McDonalds (her favorite restaurant for lunch.) She loved that "big girl" time with them.





Thank you guys for taking my baby to get her ears pierced. I probably wouldn't have been able to go through with it. Cadence looks adorable & I'm SO proud of her & what a wonderful young lady she is becoming. I love you Cadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment