Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cadence's Birthday Party


For Cadence's 8th birthday party, I promised her a BIG party including a sleepover. (I know, what was I thinking?) We wanted to invite her 4 favorite friends from church, but I let her talk me into inviting all the girls in her class at school too. She knows I'm a total pushover when it comes to parties! I figured some wouldn't be able to come so it should be fine right? EVERY SINGLE PERSON WE INVITED CAME!! We had 12 little girls over. Yes, I'm crazy & yes, my VERY pregnant body wasn't too thrilled with it, but we had SO MUCH FUN!!!!

So we started out at 5:30 on Friday night with a big pizza dinner. We had Costco pizza (the best!) & root beer with all our favorite veggies! The pizza was a hit, the veggies. . . not so much. I think my kids are the only kids in the world that love fruit & vegetables.


While I cleaned up after dinner (which Bladen got to. . . he spilled every one of their drinks all over the floor! Boys!!!!!), I put the girls in the living room with a craft. Each girl made a cute bracelet to wear. They LOVED it.


Then we all piled back into the newly cleaned kitchen for cake & ice cream. Cake is always Cadence's favorite part. . . which cracks me up since she doesn't even like cake. She just likes to blow out candles. ha ha ha.




Since she's 8 now, we let her cut her own piece of cake first. She felt like such a BIG girl doing that.


After cake, we piled back into the living room & opened presents. This is always the favorite part of EVERYONE that comes. They love to see the look on Cadence's face when she opens what they gave her. She got some really fun things including LOTS of different artistic craft kits which are her favorite things in the world.

Cadence was happy all her friends could come, but she has a special place in her heart for her two very best friends: Csepke & Hailey. They are in her school class & in her class at church. We call them the 3 musketeers. They are inseparable.




Well, so far so good! Now let's try getting 12 eight year olds to go to sleep. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment