Sunday, March 13, 2011

Homemade Changing Pad


It took me an entire month, but I finally finished my home made changing pad for Craiger. It turned out super cute too. Basically it's cute monkey fabric on the back & terry cloth (like a towel) inside. There is a soft pillow for baby to lay on while you change him. It's a great alternative to those hard plastic changing tables at the store. Then, if the baby pees, the terry cloth absorbs it & you throw it straight into the wash. PERFECT!!!

There are 3 pockets to hold diapers, wipes, & other lotions & creams. I love it because I can put Craiger's diapers in one pocket & Bladen's in another. I'm going to make a wipe cover in the same fabric (eventually. . . when I can find some more time) & put it in there as well.


Then when you are done changing baby, you simply fold in the sides at the pocket seams. . .


Fold the bottom up. . .


and fold the top over to make a cute little purse. Having it small & handy like this makes it perfect for church or running to the store. I'm SO glad I got brave & tried making it. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.



Here is the website I got the pattern from in case anyone else wants to try their hand at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment