Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break: Friday - FAVORITES DAY

Happy Friday Everyone!! Today was FAVORITE'S DAY in our house! This is the first time we've done a favorite's day & it turned out really fun for everyone.

I put a bunch of letters (that eventually spell the word "Favorite") in a hat & let the kids take turns pulling a letter out. On the back was a favorite activity for us to do together. First Bladen pulled out FAVORITE movie. All the kids voted on a Barbie movie. Taya wanted it at first, & then changed her mind half way through the movie, but it was too late. She cried through the 2nd half. . . ha ha ha. But everyone else seemed to have fun.


Next Taya pulled out FAVORITE book. She picked her favorite book which is Monsters, Inc. Cadence & I took turns reading it to the other kids.


Then Lorien picked out "bake your FAVORITE treat!" We chose brownies & got right to work. My girls LOVE helping me bake. It was a LOT of fun.



While the brownies were baking, Cadence picked out our FAVORITE activity which is painting our fingernails & toenails. Poor Bladen just sat & watched, but the girls LOVED it.








In fact, Bladen was SO bored that this is how we found him when we were finished. He was curled up ON TOP of the couch snoozing away. We were laughing SO hard. Poor little guy was exhausted.


Nap time it was. The little ones took a nap while the bigger girls played in the toy room. When everyone woke up, Bladen picked out "FAVORITE snack." The kids LOVE popsicles, so I bought some special ones for the day. They ate them right up.



Taya then pulled out "FAVORITE toy!" Earlier in the week I ran to the store & bought each of the kids a cheap toy that I knew they loved. Bladen got a hot wheels car.


Taya loves My Little Ponies, so she got a cute purple pony.


Lorien loves these new toys called Squinkies. They're little rubbery things. I have no idea what she does with them, but she loves them.


And Cadence has always been my little Lego girl. She got a little set with a catapult & 2 knights that she could put together.


I had no idea this would be such a hit. The kids played with these for over 2 hours! They didn't want to do any more "activities" because they were having SO MUCH FUN with their new toys.





When daddy got home from school, we had dinner. For FAVORITES day we drove all around town & let everybody order their favorite food from their favorite restaurant. Then we brought it all home & shared it together. Cadence got a taco salad from Taco Bell.


Lorien, Taya, & Bladen got happy meals from McDonalds.



And Trek & I got burritos & chips from Chipotle (BEST CHIPS ON EARTH!).


It was a ton of fun. We never got around to doing our FAVORITE puzzle (I bought a sponge bob puzzle for them to do) or our FAVORITE game (I bought Go Fish & a fun Disney game). I think I'll save those for a rainy day when we don't have anything else to do.

I had a blast this week, although I will admit, I'm exhausted. Trek's mom came in tonight so I'm off duty for 9 whole days!!! Oh how I love her!!! HOORAY for rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment