Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Library of Congress

On our last day in DC, my mom begged us to take her to the Library of Congress.  My mom was a librarian at BYU for years.  Libraries have a special place in her heart.  We obliged thinking about how BORING it was going to be to go to a big library.  Boy were we wrong.

The Library of Congress was AMAZING.




Walking in the front doors & into the front foyer, Trek looked at me & whispered
"Europe."
Yes, it was like visiting Europe all over again.  The homesickness I have of the majestic beauty of ancient Europe filled me as I looked at this beautiful building.  I don't know what year this library was built, but it was GORGEOUS.  If you ever go to DC, please promise me you'll go check this place out.  You won't regret it.







Of course the "reading room" was closed the one day we chose to visit, but they allowed us to stand by the front door & take pictures.  There is also a viewing area on the 2nd floor where you can look down into the room while people are reading/studying.

The reading room was phenomenal!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  It really was beautiful.  I'd love to curl up with a good book in that room.  I'll have to come back someday when it's open & do just that. 





We probably spent a good half hour there just admiring the architecture, tiles, books, & ORIGINAL BIBLES on display.  It was a great diamond in the rough on our trip.







Thank you Mom for convincing us to go here.  I'm SO glad we went & I'm so glad you got to live your dream by visiting one of the largest libraries in the world.  Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment