Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Canyon Date Night

Trek & I go on dates twice a month, but the other two Saturdays, we do one-on-one dates with each of the kids.  We have a calendar that rotates through them so they each get some one-on-one time with each parent.  We've done this for a while, but I thought "Hey, why am I not taking pictures of these dates with my kids so that we can look back on them?"

So Saturday night was our first one-on-one date night here in Alabama.  I got to go out with Canyon & Trek went out with Cadence.  They went to dinner & then Trek let Cadence drive for an hour & a half so she could get more comfortable behind the wheel.  He said it was really nice just talking to her.

I got to have a date with Canyon.  My little baby boy who starts Kindergarten soon.  He wanted to go to the big park to play so I took him to Pratt Park because it's his favorite here.






After playing in the hot humidity for 40 minutes!!!!!!! we headed over to his favorite restaurant in the whole world, Chick-fil-a.  He got his favorite chicken nuggets, fries, & milk.


But his favorite part is always the ice cream.




It was just a simple little date, but boy do I love spending time with my kiddos.  Canyon is getting too big too fast.  It makes my heart sad, but I know he's going to grow up to be an amazing young man.  I love him so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment