Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 2: El Paso, Texas

Happy 37th Birthday to Me!

July 6th, we spent my 37th birthday driving 11 hours over the deserts of New Mexico & Texas.  ha ha ha.  Not the most exciting birthday ever, but I was with my family & I love them so I can't complain.

I had a big birthday breakfast at our hotel in Cortez & then we got right back on the road for our long drive to El Paso.



First we got to drive down through the entire state of New Mexico.  We were even on the historic Route 66 for a good chunk of it.




My favorite part of the drive was seeing farm after farm of Hatch green chilis.  I LOVE green chili & the best of the best is grown in Hatch, New Mexico.  There were farms as far as the eye could see.



And FINALLY, we hit Texas. . . . which was a lot of MORE desert.


But we made it safe & sound to El Paso where we celebrated my birthday with some ice cream & shopping at a mall next to our hotel.


The kids enjoyed being unicorns.  



We went to bed early that night.  It was a really long drive day & we needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment