Monday, August 6, 2018

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!

We really wanted to be in UT for the 4th of July parade.  I loved it as a kid, marched in it as a teenager (marching band), & wanted my kids to share in that love.  Justin & I woke up at 3 am & secured a great spot along the road at 4 am.  It was great.  My brother & I never get to talk really, so it gave us 4 hours to just chat about life before everyone else showed up.  It was probably my favorite part of our trip to UT.  I miss Justin so much.

The kids & the rest of the adults showed up around 8 am & we waited for the parade to start.  One thing that I take pride in, is that my kids understand the 4th of July & the patriotism associated with it.  They know to ALWAYS stand for the flag.  My little Canyon (who is only 5) stood before everyone else when he saw the flag coming.  And he stood there with his cute little hand over his cute little heart long after the flag passed.  He made me SO proud.





The kids enjoyed the parade with their cousins.



And in 4th of July tradition, we headed over to Los Hermanos for my birthday lunch after the parade ended.  My birthday is July 6th, but ever since I was a little girl, we celebrate it on the 4th of July.  I love Los Hermanos & it was great fun celebrating there with the whole family.


We had a nice BBQ for dinner, & watched fireworks outside my parent's house that night.  Their neighbors get REALLY into fireworks.  The kids loved it.





Our van didn't love the fireworks as much.  ha ha ha.  We have 2 burn marks on our van & on the passenger window that will forever remind us of the fun we had 4th of July 2018.



But all good things must come to an end.  July 5th, we packed up all our stuff into the van & headed out on our journey to new adventures in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment