Thursday, April 11, 2024

Cadence - 7 Days Left - 3/5/24

Сайн байцгаана уу?


How are you guys this week? It just hit me today how little time I have left haha. But in other good news, Chingis is getting baptized on Saturday! We are so excited for him and the ward is being so supportive as well. All of our leaders have been announcing it like crazy and we've got great things lined up for it. The Sukhbaatar Sisters and Jargalant elders also might have baptisms this saturday so if thats the case, we'll do a combined big baptism!

The ward members are amazing as ever and sacrament has been consistently huge! In fact, last Sunday, we found 2 new investigators - one was some random person that just showed up and another was the relative of one of our ward members. The members found them in Sacrament and introduced us to them and made sure that we were going to take care of them. I love our ward and am thankful for the Lord, who is blessing our work here.

English classes have been tiring but so rewarding. The college classes have become a little bit easier to teach and the students are more kind and fun now. I taught a big class of 40 students yesterday which was pretty awesome. They all participated too! We have been talking a lot about job interviews in my classes and doing roleplays which has helped my students improve a lot. The church English classes have also consistently been growing. Now we have 25 adults and 35 kids come to class each day. It can make class chaotic but group activities have been great!

This week, we had Zone Conference and it was so perfect. Sister Egshiglen and I gave a training on finding people in Mongolia and I think it was a success! All the messages were so inspiring and spiritual. I also had the privilege to play a piano viola duet with Sister Vick which was so fun! Finally, we both bore our testimony at the conference since it was our last one. It was bittersweet and so amazing.

Sister Nergui and I also had some downtime this week so we tried to go address finding twice. Both times, we were unable to find the house we were looking for. At one point, we found a circle that had houses 374, 373, 372, 370, 369, and 368 but we needed to find 371....we were a little frustrated but it was fine haha. Sister Nergui was a good sport and kept us going strong. Speaking of, my companion has been pretty sick lately because of food poisoning so please pray for her! We ate at a member's house the other day and she fed us some not so delicious flour raisen crumble. She put it in our hot water and it made the water taste like chicken Alfredo with raisens in it. That was one of the hardest things I've had to eat here but thankfully I'm feeling okay.

I also went on my last exchange this week. I went to Tuul with a new sister named Sister Brouse and she was just the cutest! Her confidence is amazing and she speaks way better than I ever did my first transfer. Together, we visited an old grandma that I had surprisingly visited before when I was in training (talk about full circle moment). While the sweet emee didn't want to talk much to us, we enjoyed seeing her laugh at the weird french movie she was watching. Sister Brouse is going to make a great leader in the mission someday so I am excited to see where these new missionaries will take the church in Mongolia.

Also for my last pday, the district went to the famous Chingis Khaan museum and it was one of the coolest museums I've ever been to. There were 7 floors of history from 300 BC to modern day all about the Mongolia empire. I enjoyed learning about all the different Mongolian tribes and civilizations that used to inhabit this land. I learned that Mongolians were literally the Native American equivalent of Asians and they inherited a lot of their culture and traditions from surrounding Asia (especially China). They even had several different tribal scripts they used to write in. The museum had a surprising amount of cool, well preserved artifacts as well including deels, pottery, jewelry, weapons, and coins. It was awesome! Then the district went to eat at a cute Korean restaurant and finally, we picked up some last minute souvenirs.

The mission has been amazing and I have felt so lucky to be here. I love Mongolia and the people here. I will miss them a lot! The Mission has taught me patience, charity, diligence, faith, Repentance, Obedience, and so much more. I have changed a lot and I am thankful for the Lord's help in making me stronger. I just wanted to end by sharing my favorite scripture - 1 Nephi 3:7.

7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

My mission was long and very hard but it taught me that I am capable of so much. However, the capabilities we have come from Heavenly Father. I have learned how to depend on my Heavenly Father for strength. The Lord has promised that He will not give us a commandment that we cannot do without His help. Whenever you feel like you can't do it, remember that with God, you can. I promise you that you are more capable than you may think. I know that my Redeemer lives. He is my shepherd and my light. He is there. He supports us on our left, right, and from above with angels. Turn to Him and you will be able to do anything. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. I might send out a closing email but if not, thank you for staying tuned in to my journey. I appreciate the support and the love from you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Potter
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment