Thursday, April 11, 2024

Cadence - I can drink now (ha ha ha) - 2/6/24

Сайн байцгаана уу?


How are you all doing this wonderful week? This past week has been filled with lots of slow moments and miracles all mixed into one. First off, we found 3 investigators this week! We were just visiting one of our sweet members and then suddenly her sister-in-law showed up at the same time. So we started talking about church and our English classes and she was super interested in English. Later that night, she brought her three kids to English and they loved it! When they were leaving, they asked when sacrament was, so we invited them. Then they came the next day and sat through all of church and even met with us after church for a lesson! At the end of thr lesson, they asked when we would come over to their house to teach them next! It was a miracle! Keep praying for them that they will continue to grow their faith and be ready for baptism! We're so happy to be working with them!

Also, our sweet investigator Bayrmaa finally responded to our messages! She ghosted us for all of last transfer and it was so hard seeing her go from super faithful and interested to completely gone. But we continued to give her space and reach out occasionally. She just recently texted us and told us she will come to church again after Tsagaan sar! I'm so thankful for her change of heart and her desire to come again. We will hopefully pick up right where we left off with her. It will be good!

On the flip side, our other two amazing investigators have hit the ghosting phase. They don't want to meet with us at all or come to church anymore. But they won't tell us they aren't interested because I know that deep down they are. So we will just keep praying and having trust in God's plan for them. Please pray for Enkhbayar and Dari.

Our English classes have been fluctuating weird. Before, we had tons of adults and kids coming. Then the kids started getting really crazy....so I started teaching a kids class at the church while Elder Holman teaches the adult class. And it's been a blast! Most of the kids come super early so we just end up playing pictionary and hangman with them for an hour before class too. I love my students! We also didn't have Royal Academy teaching at all this week but I think it will start again next week. Wish me luck since I have to teach for 4 hours straight by myself now.

The members are still as awesome as ever! We've been having a hard time meeting with them this week though because of the big lunar new year holiday coming up. They're super busy. But this past Saturday, we had an awesome ward activity! We went to this sledding resort in the countryside and spent the day sledding and playing games outside with our members! We played jump rope, tug-of-war, do you love your neighbor, and volleyball too! It was such a cool experience and super funny because by the end all of the old ladies were crashed out on the beds in our resort rooms.

The mission is so awesome and I'm thankful for every second of it! This past week, while studying "Come Follow Me" I read these great words said by Nephi:

1 Nephi 18:16

16 Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions

Nephi said this right after he had been tied up on his family's ship for 4 days straight. During that situation, he could have complained or questioned why Heavenly Father was punishing him. But he didn't because he knew and trusted Heavenly Father. Throughout all his experiences, Nephi never complained. He was happy despite the hardships because He chose to be happy and chose to overcome those hardships through determination and receiving strength from the Lord. My mission has not been easy at all but I've noticed that when I chose to be happy, I've been happy despite the hardness of my situation. When I chose to complain or grumble about the work, it was much harder. Yet my circumstances were always the same. It really makes a difference whether you choose to be happy or complain. Always choose gratitude and you will enjoy life so much more! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Also I'm officially 21 now hehe.

Love,
Sister Potter















 

No comments:

Post a Comment