Wednesday, July 15, 2020

39 Years Young


Another year has come & gone.  I swear time flies as you get older.  I'm officially 39 years young now.

I had a wonderful birthdya weekend in Rothenburg & LEGOland & then just chilled on my actual birthday.  My friend Nancy sent me some fun clothes & shoes for my birthday.


Cari & Justin found the most amazing Evil Queen gift set for me.  I love it.  It has an Evil Queen pez dispenser, an Evil Queen lip gloss, & a beautiful Evil Queen eyeshadow palette.  SO MUCH FUN.


My mom & dad sent me some Mickey Mouse cookie cutters, a Disney World cookbook (YUM), & a fun little hair scrunchie that makes my hair go up in a bun super cute.



For breakfast we had some German yogurt & Trek found a fun johannasbeeren tart that was delicious.


For lunch, Trek drove me 30 minutes away to my favorite fast food place on one of the bases here.  They make amazing baked potatoes with LOTS of yummy toppings.  It's my favorite.


And for my birthday cake we had German Schnitte which is my all time favorite German cake. It's a light angel food cake with cream in the middle & fruit with gelatin on top.  I love them all.  For my birthday I got 2 slices, on strawberry (erdbeer) & one raspberry (himbeer).



The highlight of my day was riding my bike on the beautiful trails here & finding a "you pick" flower garden.  You pick whatever flowers you can find & then put some money in the little coin box when you're done. I picked this beautiful boquet for under 3 Euro.


Then the 11-13 year old girls from church surprised me with a "heart attack" on my front door.  They were hiding & jumped out with flowers, chocolates, & letters.  I love these girls so much. I just got "released" from my calling in our church (in our church you switch out "jobs" regularly to give you well rounded experience in all areas & my time with the girls is coming to a close which makes me sad.  I've SO loved doing weekly activities with them & teaching them in Sunday School.), & it was nice to be able to get a little closure with them.  They're the best.





It was a wonderful birthday.  39 years down, MANY MANY more to go.
Life's an adventure.  Live it to it's fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment