Sunday, July 12, 2020

Date Night at a Castle


Hooray for opening restaurants.  Only a few people can be inside restaurants right now & you need reservations, but boy does it feel good to get out & explore & go on actual dates with my sweetheart again.  

For our first date night out since COVID lockdowns happened in March, we made reservations at Burg Lichtenburg, my favorite castle near us.  This is the same castle I had my piano recital inside.  It's a great one.  The restaurant was wonderful.  German cuisine is one of my favourites & I never tire of schnitzel, spätzle, & German style salads.  Add some sparkling apple juice & some fresh homebaked apple strudel & it's heaven.  AND ALL INSIDE A REAL CASTLE.



After dinner we took a walk around the castle grounds & walked up the keep tower.  It's such a beautiful view from the top.  The German landscapes here never cease to amaze me with their beauty.








We are so  lucky to live in such a beautiful place surrounded by history, nature, & everything wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment