Monday, January 2, 2023

Morocco - Day 3 - Lunch & Playing Dress Up

We stopped for lunch & realized that lunch was exactly like dinner. . . 3 courses.  This time our first course could be soup, salad, or an omelette.  I chose the salad & everybody else got the omelet.  The boys were SO happy with all the omelets we ate.  The salad was tomatoes, onions, olives, & cucumbers.  I enjoyed it.  The main dish this time was curry chicken kebabs which were AMAZING.  Even the boys ate them all.  We had the kebabs, fries, veggies, & rice.  It was delicious & filling.  Then we had fruit for dessert.


All the kids are still unsure about olives.







We kept driving & then stopped at a little rest stop that sold Moroccan head wraps & clothing.  The people there literally attacked us again, immediately throwing Moroccan clothing on us as we walked up to the building.  The put TONS of clothes on us, then took pictures of us in the clothing.  Of course after that they wanted us to pay for ALL that clothing.  Nope.  Not going to happen.  However, it was a really nice shop & that is where Taya, Lorien, & I got dresses.  Lorien got a beautiful maroon dress, Taya a fun yellow one, & I got a coral dress with teal sequins.  Lorien got a wrap for her head too, but I couldn’t justify paying the same price for a head wrap as the dress I bought.  It wasn’t worth it to me.  But I LOVED that dress so I was happy to get that.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment